If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
What is boron-nitride?
Boron Nitride is a crystal made of nitrogen atoms, boron atoms. The chemical composition of Boron nitride is 43.6% Boron and 56.4% Nitrogen. There are four types: hexagonal boron Nitride, rhombohedral Borion Nitride (RBN), cubic boren nitride [CBN], and wurtzite Boron (WBN).
The development of boron-nitride
More than 100 years have passed since its invention. It was used in high-temperature lubricants as a hexagonal boron nutride. Its structure, as well as its properties, are very similar to graphite. This is why it is also commonly known by the name white graphite.
Boron Nitride (BN) ceramics was first discovered in 1842. Since the Second World War, a lot has been done abroad on BN materials. It was not developed until 1955 after the BN hot-press method was invented. American Diamond Company, Union Carbon Company, and more than 10 tons were produced by them in 1960.
R*H*Wentrof produced CBN in 1957. General Electric Company sold Borazon as a product in 1969. In 1973, the United States launched the production of CBN-tools.
Japan imported technology and CBN tools from the United States in 1975.
In 1979, the first successful use of the pulsed Plasma technology to prepare a c-BN film collapsed at low temperature and pressure was made.
To prepare cBN films, people were able use several methods of chemical vapor deposit (CVD), as well as physical vapor evaporation (PVD), at the end the 1990s.
China sees development as advancing rapidly. The initial research into BN powder started in 1963. It was then developed successfully in 1966. It was finally put into production by 1967.
The physical and chemical characteristics of boron-nitride
CBN crystals are usually dark brown or red with a zinc mix structure and good thermal conductivity. CBN is hardier than diamond and is used in a variety of applications, including as abrasives and tool materials.
Boron Nitride is chemically inert and can be corroded by water and organic acids. The hot concentrated alkali breaks the boron/nitrogen bond. It will begin to oxidize when it is above 1200. It starts to decompose around 2700 degrees Celsius in a vacuum. It is slightly soluable in hot acid but insoluble when dissolved in cold water. Its relative density is 2.29. The compressive strength is 170MPa. The maximum operating temperature in an oxidizing environment is 900degC, while it can reach 2800degC when inactively reducing. However, the lubrication performance at room temperature is poor. The majority of boron-nitride’s properties are superior to those of carbon materials. For hexagonal Boron Nitride: High friction coefficient, good high temperature stability, good thermal shock resistance and high strength.
Hexagonal graphite nitride Crystals are the most popular, but there are also other forms such as cubic boron nuitride (r BN), and rhombohedral.
(c-BN), wurtzite type boron nitride (w-BN). Even graphene-like two-dimensional boron nutride crystals were discovered by people.
Boron Nitride is used
1. Metal forming mold release agents and metal wire-drawing lubricant.
2. Special electrolytic and resistant materials for high temperatures
3. High-temperature solid oil lubricants, extrusion-anti-wear additives. Additives for the production ceramic composite materials. Anti-oxidation additives. Especially suitable for situations that resist corrosion of molten metallics.
4. Heat-sealing desiccant to be used in transistors and as an additive for polymers, such as plastic resins.
5. Pressed into various shapes and sizes of boron Nitride products. These can be used for insulation, heat dissipation, high temperature, pressure, and high temperature.
6. Aerospace thermal shielding materials
7. After high temperature and pressure treatment, the catalyst can convert it into cubic boron nutride with diamond-like hardness.
8. The structural materials used in the atomic bomb.
9. Nozzles for rocket engines and planes.
10. Insulator for high voltage and high frequency electricity, plasma arc.
11. Packaging materials that prevent neutron radiation
12. The superhard materials made by boron Nitride can be turned into high-speed cutters, drill bits and other tools for exploration and drilling.
13. It is used in metallurgy to make the isolating circle of continuous cast steel, the laundering of amorphous metal, and the release agent for continuous casting aluminum (various glass release agents).
14. Production of evaporation vessels for aluminum plating various capacitor films, aluminum plate of picture tubes, aluminum plating, etc.
15. All types of aluminum-plated fresh-keeping packaging bags,
16. All types of laser anti-counterfeiting aluminiu plating, brand heat stamping materials and all types of cigarette, beer, and packaging boxes, including cigarette packaging box boxes.
17. Lipstick filler is non-toxic and lubricious.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our Boron Nitride has high purity, fine particle sizes, and low impurities. Please
Please contact us