If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, Sodium Stearate , is an organic substance. Its formula chemical is C17H35COONa. It is an oily white powder that has a greasy odor and feels slippery.
Sodium Stearate Properties:
Sodium stearate has the chemical formula C17H35COONa. White oily powder, Sodium Stearate has a greasy smell and a slippery texture. Sodium Stearate is soluble in alcohol or hot water, and has a high water absorption rate in the atmosphere.
Sodium stearate dissolves in warm water or alcohol but not in cold water. The alcohol solution is neutral, while the aqueous solution has an alkaline pH due to hydrolysis. Sodium stearate can be made from octadecanoic acids and sodium hydroxide.
Sodium Stearate is not soluble in ether (light gasoline), acetone or similar organic solvents. Sodium stearate also is not soluble in electrolytes, such as sodium chloride or salt.
Applications for Sodium Stearate
The toothpaste industry uses sodium stearate as an anti-caking agent, plastic stabilizer, and waterproofing agent.
1. The sodium stearate used in toothpaste is a plastic stabilizer. It’s also used to make soap detergents.
2. It is used primarily to make soaps and detergents. It can be used in many ways, including as an active ingredient, as a component of bar soaps, as a cosmetic emulsifier and as an emulsifier in O/W products.
3. Detergent Sodium stearate helps control foam when rinsing. (Sodium Stearate is the primary component of soap).
4. Emulsifiers or dispersants: Sodium Stearate is used to emulsify polymers and antioxidants.
5. Corrosion Inhibitor: Sodium Stearate is added to polyethylene packaging films in order to enhance their protective qualities.
6. Cosmetics: Sodium stearate is used as shaving gel, transparent viscose, etc.
7. Adhesive Sodium Stearate is used to paste paper together with a natural adhesive.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a leading sodium Stearate Powder manufacturer with more than 12 years’ experience in chemical product research and design. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (wire transfer), West Union or Paypal. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.