If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
Introduction to molybdenum Disilicide
This silicon molybdenum compound, also known by the name molybdenum-silicide, has a molecular composition of MoSi2 with a molal weight of 154.13. It is a gray metal solid. They have similar properties to ceramics and metals because the radii and electronegativity of the two types of atoms is not very different. It has a melting temperature of up to 2030degC and is conductive. It is possible to form a layer of silicon dioxide on the surface at high temperatures in order to prevent further oxidation. Its gray metallic colour is due to its tetragonal, a-type crystalline structure. Although it has a hexagonal form, the crystal structure is unstable. The b modified crystal structure. Insoluble in many acids, but soluble only in hydrofluoric and nitric acids.
It is used for high-temperature antioxidation coatings, electric heating element films, structural materials as well as reinforcing materials for composite materials.
Applications of molybdenum Disilicide
They are used as high-temperature coating materials against oxidation, heating elements with integrated electrodes, structural materials or composite materials. These products are used in the following industries.
1. Energy and Chemical Industry: Electric heating elements, high temperature heat exchangers for atomic reactors devices, gas heaters, high temperature thermocouples and protection tubes, melting vessels and crucibles. (Used to melt sodium, lithium lead, bismuth tin, and other metals).
The refractory metals Si5Si3, WSi2, and TaSi2 etc. They are also important candidates as materials for large-scale interconnection and integrated circuit gates.
3. Aerospace Industry: This coating has been extensively researched and used as an anti-oxidation high-temperature coating. Particularly as a material used for turbine engine parts, such as impellers, blades, combustors and sealing devices.
4. Automobile Industry: turbochargers, valves bodies, spark plugs, and engine parts.
What factors influence the service life and performance of molybdenum-disilicide heating components?
1. Fired products. Fired products. Magnetic material industry has a longer available time, and special glass the shortest.
2. Product quality. Product quality is determined by raw material production and manufacturing processes.
3. The quality is important. A high quality stove can extend the life of its components.
4. Surface problems. Long-term usage at 1800degC can cause surface problems, such as bubbles and lumps, which will reduce the life of the rod.
5. Dimensional tolerance. The precise temperature control will be affected directly by the accuracy in the hot-end size. If there is a small tolerance in the diameter of the hot end, then the impedance and cross-sectional area will also be affected, which will alter the heat generated by the electric heating component. It also affects the uniformity or life of electric heating components.
6. Furnace operator. The heating element will be damaged if it is overheated or has too much power.
7. Product contamination. The component deteriorates when the protective coating reacts with a product or an atmosphere.
8. Insulation issues. Insulation problems.
9. Mechanical force. Thermal breaks can become softened and deformed depending on where they are placed in the furnace.
What is the cost of molybdenum dilicide?
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a trusted global chemical supplier & manufacturer has over 12 years experience in providing high-quality Nanomaterials and chemicals. Our company is currently developing a range of powder materials. Our OEM service is also available. If you’re looking for
Contact us for more information about powder. Please click here to order powder.
Send us a message.