A history and overview about praseodymium dioxide powder
Praseodymiumoxide (Pr6O11), is an organic compound that can be used for glass, metallurgy and as a additive to phosphors. One of the key products in light-rare earth products is prseodymiumoxid. Due to its exceptional physical and chemical characteristics, it is used extensively in many fields, including ceramics, glass and rare earth permanent magnets. Rare earth cracking catalysts. Rare earth polishing powders. Its prospects look bright.
Praseodymiumoxide is a dense black powder that has a density 688 g/cm3. It also has a melting point at 2042 and boiling point at 3760. The substance can dissolve in water but is insoluble in acid. It also has good conductivity.
Synthesis of praseodymium dioxide powder
1. Chemical separation. The three main types are step crystallization and step precipitation methods, as well as oxidation. You can separate the former based on differences in crystal solubility for rare earth nutrate. Separation of the first is based upon the differences in the precipitation product of rare earth sulfurate double salt. Separation of the latter takes place by oxidation, from trivalent Pr3+ into tetravalent pr4+. Because of the high recovery rate for rare earth, their complicated operation and low output, they haven’t been used in industrial production.
2. Separation. This includes complex extraction and the saponification P-507 separation separation methods. To extract and separate praseodymium from the nitric system of praseodymium neodymiumenrichedment, the former employs complex extrusion DYPA, N-263 extractant, and can achieve 99% Pr6O11 and a 98% yield. Due to its complexity, however, it consumes too much complexing agent and has a high cost, making industrial production unviable. They are better at separating praseodymium from the first two and can be used in industrial manufacturing. But, because P-507 is more efficient than P-204 and has a higher loss rate, P-507 extraction methods and separation are commonly used in industrial production. .
3. Although it is difficult to use, slow and has low yield, Ion Exchange is an expensive and time-consuming process.
The application of praseodymium dioxide powder
1. Rare earth glass application
Different colors can be created by mixing rare earth oxides with glass of different compositions. The glass can then be turned into green color by adding praseodymium to it. It has high artistic value and can be used in imitation of gemstones. The glass appears almost green when lit by candlelight, while it looks similar to normal daylight. This glass can be used for making fake gemstones, precious ornaments, and even love tokens.
2. Rare earth ceramics: Application
As an additive to ceramics, rare earth oxides may be transformed into a variety of ceramics that have better performance. Rare earth fine ceramics is a representative example. The ceramics are made from carefully selected materials. They also use easy-to-control and process technology that allows them to precisely control their composition. This can be broken down into functional and high-temperature structure ceramics. These rare earth oxides can enhance the sinterability and microtexture of ceramics by combining them with rare Earth oxides. Praseodymium oxide colourant ceramic glaze is stable and can withstand the effects of the air in the kiln. You can enhance the chemical and physical properties of ceramic glazes, increase their thermal stability, quality, and variety.
3. Other fields of application
A grinding wheel made from white corundum is possible by adding approximately 0.25% praseodymium-neodymiumoxide to it. The grinding performance of rare earth corundum wheels will be greatly enhanced. Double the service life and increase the grinding rate from 30% to 100%. The polishing agent for polishing is Praseodymium Oxide, which has excellent polishing qualities for some materials. The polishing powder is cerium-based and contains approximately 7.5% praseodymium. This polishing powder is best used to polish flat and flat glass as well as metal products. Picture tube polishing. The application of petroleum cracking catalysts, which can increase catalytic activities, can also be used in steelmaking additives and to purify the molten steel, is another option. It is clear that the use of praseodymiumoxid continues to expand.
Advanc3dmaterials Advanced Material Tech Co., Ltd. (Advanc3dmaterials), a professional and praseodymium dioxide powder company with over 12 year experience in chemical product development. Send us an inquiry if you’re looking for high-quality, high-quality Praseodymium Oxide Powder.