If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
This inorganic compound has the molecular formula of GeO2, and its electronic formula is carbon dioxide. Germanium oxide is used in the production of metal germanium. It can also be used as a material to produce spectroscopy or semiconductors.
Germanium Dioxide Properties
Germanium dioxide comes as a white powder, or a colorless crystal. There are two types of germanium dioxide: a hexagonal crystal system which is slightly soluble (stable at lower temperatures) and insoluble tetragonal. Its transformation temperatures is 1033degC.
Germanium oxide is not soluble in water or hydrochloric, but it can be made soluble by lye. Germanium dioxide rutile-like is more soluble in lye than hexagonal germanium and can generate germanic acid upon interaction with water. When germanium oxide and germanium powder is heated at 1000degC together, germanium monooxide can be produced.
Germanium Dioxide Applications
1. Germanium dioxide, which is used for the production of germanium as well as in the electronics industry, can also be found.
2. Germanium oxide is used in semiconductors. It is made either by heating and oxidizing germanium, or by hydrolyzing germanium.
3. Germanium oxide is used for a variety of purposes, including as a raw materials to produce metallic germanium or other germanium-based compounds, a catalyst when preparing polyethylene terephthalate, and as semiconductor material.
4. Germanium oxide can be produced into optical glass-phosphors. These can then be used as catalysts for conversion in petroleum refining and dehydrogenation. They can also be adjusted to adjust gasoline fractions.
5. Germanium oxide is also used as a polymerization catalyst. Glass that contains germanium dioxide is more refractory and has better dispersion. It can be used to make wide-angle lenses and cameras.
6. The use of germanium dioxide has increased with the technology. It is now used to produce high purity metal germanium and germanium compounds in pharmaceutical industry, PET, electronic devices, chemical catalysts, etc.
Tech Co., Ltd. is a professional
germanium dioxide powder
With over 12 year experience in chemical product research and development. We accept payment by Credit Card, T/T (West Union), Paypal, West Union or T/T. The goods will be shipped to overseas customers via FedEx or DHL.
You can contact us for high quality Germanium dioxide powder.
Send an inquiry.