If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
Introduction to Titanium Diboride Pulver
Titanium Diboride Pulver
This is a grayish or gray-black powder with hexagonal crystal structures. The melting point is 2900, the hardness (HV), 34GPaI, and density is 4.52. It features wear resistance, acid resistance, thermal conductivity, thermal and electrical conductivity, low thermal extension coefficient, excellent chemical stability and heat resistance.
Titanium Diboride powder’s Physical and Chemical Properties
Has a 1000-hour oxidation resistance in the air. It is stable in HCI/HF acids. But it reacts with H2SO4/HNO3. It is easily destroyed by alkali.
The hot pressing
The temperature at which the theoretical density is reached is 1800-1900 C (with the addition a small amount if metal or carbide sintering AIDS). You will need to use more sintering ingredients and heats that exceed 2000degC for press-free interfacing.
This is the most stable among several titanium-boron compound. It is a quasi-metallic hexagonal compound with a C32 structural structure and covalent bonds. The total crystal’s structural parameters are 0.3028nm (for A) and 0.3228nm (for C). This two-dimensional network structure is formed by the boron and titan atomic plans. In which B is covalently bond with three other Bs and the additional electron forms a large, covalent p bond, and B is also covalently bonded to the third B. The layer structure in boron molecules is similar to graphite. While the outer electrons from Ti determine the electrical conductivity and metallic shine of TiB2, the Ti-B bonds between boron and titan atoms determine the high hardness, and brittleness. TiB2 is not susceptible to sintering. It is typically densified through hot pressing or hot Isostatic pressing. TiB2 can be sintered press-free but it is still possible to achieve high density. Liquid forming additives, such as iron and chromium are needed.
|Titanium Diboride Powder Properties|
|Other names||TiB2, TiB2 powder, titanium boride powder|
|Appearance||Gray or gray black|
|Melting Point||2980 degC|
|Solubility of H2O||Insoluble|
Preparation of Titanium Diboride powder
The boron carbide method is also known as the carbothermic reduction method: 2TiO2+B4C+3=2TiB2+4CO
Using TiCl4 and BCl3 as raw materials by vapor deposition: TiCl4+2BCl3+5H2=TiB2+10HCl
can be prepared in the presence H2 at 800 1000
Titanium Diboride Powder Applications
1. Titanium diboride can be used in rocket nozzle, electrical contact and high-temperature electrode materials. It can also serve as an abrasive.
2. It is used for conductive ceramics, tool clays, conductive and wear-resistant coatings.
3. Useful for making conductive composites. Vacuum aluminum plating equipment is primarily used to make conductive boronitride (evaporation vessel) using titanium diboride and boron nuitride.
4. It is used for cutting ceramic tools and their parts. Produce titanium diboride ceramics.
5. As a composite ceramic materials. Use titanium diboride as a component of many composite materials.
6. Can be used as an element to make armor protection material. It is also the best material to use for functional devices and parts that are high-temperature.
7. Cathode material to aluminum electrolysis. Cathode material for aluminum electrolysis. The electrolytic aluminum cell’s power consumption is decreased due to the excellent wettability and aluminum liquid metal. Also, the life expectancy of the electrolytical cell is extended.
8. Al, Fe, Cu and other metal materials strengthening agents can also be used to make PTC heating and flexible PTC material.
9. It can be used as a rocket nozzle, an electrical contact, or electrode material.
Main Supplier of Titanium Diboride Pulver
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier of chemical materials and manufacturer. They have over 12 years experience in producing super high-quality chemicals, Nanomaterials, such as titanium powder.
High-quality products are what you want
Titanium Diboride powder
Send us an inquiry and contact us.