If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Zinc Oxide ZnO powder:
Zinc oxide is an inorganic substance, the chemical formula is ZnO. Insoluble in water, soluble in acids and strong bases.
Zinc oxide is a white powder or hexagonal crystal. Smells, tasteless and sand-free.It turns yellow when heated and turns white again when cooled. It sublimates when heated to 1800℃. The hiding power is half that of titanium dioxide and zinc sulfide. The tinting power is twice that of basic lead carbonate. Zinc oxide is soluble in acid, concentrated hydroxide base, ammonia water and ammonium salt solution, but insoluble in water and ethanol.
Zinc oxide is a famous white pigment, the common name is zinc white. It has the advantage of not being black in the presence of H2S gas because ZnS is also white. When heated, ZnO gradually changes from white and light yellow to lemon yellow, and when cooled, the yellow will recede. Using this characteristic, it is mixed into paint or added to a thermometer to make a color-changing paint or thermometer. Because ZnO has the convergence and certain sterilization ability, it is often used in medicine to make an ointment. ZnO can also be used as a catalyst. Zinc oxide ZnO is used as an additive in many materials and products, including cosmetics, food supplements, rubber, plastics, ceramics, glass, cement, lubricants, coatings, ointments, adhesives, sealants, pigments, food, batteries, ferrite, flame retardants, and above all – adhesive tape. Although it occurs naturally as the mineral zinc, most zinc oxides are produced synthetically. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Zinc Oxide ZnO powder in bulk.
Performance of Zinc Oxide ZnO powder：
Appearance and properties: white powder or hexagonal crystal. No smell, no taste, no sand. It turns yellow when heated, and turns to white again after cooling, and sublimates when heated to 1800℃. The hiding power is half that of titanium dioxide and zinc sulfide. Coloring power is twice that of basic lead carbonate.
Solubility: soluble in acid, concentrated alkali hydroxide, ammonia water and ammonium salt solution, insoluble in water and ethanol.
Technical Parameter of Zinc Oxide ZnO powder：
|Burning reduction %||≤3||≤3||≤3|
|Particle Size nm||30||50||90|
|PbO based on Pb content||≤0.0001||≤0.0005||≤0.0001|
|MnO based on Mn content||≤0.0001||≤0.0001||≤0.0001|
How is Zinc Oxide ZnO powder produced?
1. Calcined by zinc carbonate.ZnCO3 = ZnO + CO2 write
2. from the calcination of zinc hydroxide decomposition.
3. smelting from crude zinc oxide into zinc, and then through high-temperature air oxidation from.
4. by the oxidation of molten zinc.
5. The methods used are indirect method with zinc ingot as raw material (also known as the French method), a direct method with zinc ore as raw material (also known as the American method) and wet method.
Reaction equation: 2Zn+O2=2ZnO
Operation: The zinc ingot obtained by electrolysis method is heated to 600 ~ 700℃ after melting, placed in the high-temperature crucible, melting and gasification at 1250 ~ 1300℃, and then imported into hot air for oxidation. The generated zinc oxide is cooled and separated by the cyclone, and the fine particles are captured with cloth bags, that is, the finished zinc oxide is produced.
The direct method:
ZnO+CO=Zn (vapor) +CO2
Zn (vapor) +CO+O2=ZnO+CO2
Operation method: the roasting zinc ore powder (or materials containing zinc), anthracite (or coke), limestone according to the ratio of 1:0. 5:0.05 prepared into a ball. After reduction smelting at 1300℃, zinc oxide in the ore powder is reduced to zinc vapor, which is then oxidized by air. The resulting zinc oxide is captured to produce zinc oxide finished products.
Wet method: Zinc sulfate is produced by reacting zinc ash with sulfuric acid, and then it is reacted with sodium carbonate and ammonia respectively. Zinc oxide is produced by using zinc carbonate and zinc hydroxide as raw materials. The reaction equation is as follows:
Zinc + – H2SO4 = ZnSO4 + H2 write
ZnSO4 + Na2CO3 = ZnCO3 left + Na2SO4
ZnSO4 nh3 · H2O + 2 = zinc (OH) 2 left + (NH4) 2 so4
Zinc oxide was prepared from zinc carbonate by washing, drying, calcining and crushing.Write ZnCO3 – > ZnO + CO2
Zinc oxide was prepared from zinc hydroxide by water washing precipitation, drying, calcination, cooling and grinding.Zinc (OH) 2 – > ZnO + H2O
Applications of Zinc Oxide ZnO powder:
Zinc oxide is a common chemical additive, which is widely used in plastics, silicate products, synthetic rubber, lubricants, paint coatings, ointments, binders, food, batteries, flame retardants and other products. The energy band gap of zinc oxide and the exciton can be large, high transparency, excellent normal temperature light-emitting properties, and are used in liquid crystal displays, thin-film transistors, light-emitting diodes such as a semiconductor. In addition, the zinc oxide of microparticles has also begun to play a role in the relevant fields as a nanomaterial.
1. Mainly used in rubber or cable industries, tonic and active agents, also do colorants and fillers for white gums, used as sulfurization in neoprene, etc.
2. In the fertilizer industry, the raw material gas is used in sulfur
3. Mainly used as white pigments, rubber vulcanized active agents, organic synthetic catalysts, desulfurizers for electrostatic copying, pharmaceutical, etc.
4. Desulfurization for synthetic ammonia, petroleum, the natural gas chemical raw material gas
5. Used as the matrix of analytical reagents, reference reagents, fluorescent agents and photosensitive materials
6. Used in electrostatic wet copying, dry transfer, laser fax communication, electronics electrostatic record and electrostatic platelet
7. Used in plastic industries, sunscreen cosmetics series products, special ceramic products, special functional coatings and textile hygiene processing, etc.
8. Widely used in the lack of industrial raw material gas such as ammonia, methanol and hydrogen production, oil, the water purification process
9. Used as a convergent medicine, used to make an ointment or rubber paste
10. used as white pigments for printing, paper, matches and pharmaceutical industries. A vulcanized active agent, reinforcing agent and colorant of natural rubber, synthetic rubber and latex are used in the rubber industry. It is also used in the manufacture of pigment zinc chrome yellow, zinc acetate, zinc carbonate, zinc chloride, and the like. Further, it is also used in electron laser materials, phosphor, feed additives, catalysts, and magnetic materials to produce feed additives to zinc supplements in feed processing.
11. Inorganic white pigment. It has no toner and titanium dioxide and a vertical powder. It is widely used in ABS resin, polystyrene, epoxy resin, phenolic resin, amino resin, and polyvinyl chloride and paint and ink coloring. In addition, the rubber industry can also be used as a vulcanizing active agent, a reinforcing agent, and a colorant. It is also used in the production of paint cloth, cosmetics, enamel, paper, leather, matches, cables, etc. It is also available for printing, glass industry, pharmaceutical industry, etc. It is also used as a desulfurizing agent for synthetic ammonia. Also used as electronic laser materials, phosphor, feed additive, magnetic material manufacturing, etc.
12. Nutritional supplement (zinc strengthening agent).
13. Zinc oxide is a feed nutrient reinforcement agent.
14. Mainly used as a reinforcing agent for rubber or cable to make rubber have good corrosion resistance, tear-resistance and elasticity. It is also used as a vulcanized activator of natural rubber, white rubber colorant and a filler, a vulcanizing agent of neoprene. The particle fine (about 0.1 μm of particle size) can be used as a light stabilizer of plastic such as polyolefin or polyvinyl chloride.
15. Desulfurization for synthetic ammonia gas.
16. Use as a paint of paint and rubber filler, medical for use in microcanoes, zinc paste, rubber paste, etc.
17. Suitable for supplements of zinc in feed processing.
18. Mainly used as white pigments, rubber vulcanized active agents, reinforcing agents, organic synthesis catalysts, desulfurizers.
19. Desulfurization for synthetic ammonia, petroleum, natural gas chemical gas.
20. Used as the matrix of analytical reagents, reference reagents, fluorescent agents, and photosensitive materials.
21. Mainly used for rubber or cable industries, tonic and active agents, also made of white gums, which are used as a vulcanizing agent in neoprene.
22. The University of Japan is developed by zinc oxide nanoparticles. Zinc oxide is often used in the production of baby talcum powder and other products, is a non-toxic inorganic, and the human body does not produce a reactive reaction, and there is high security. In addition, the volume of zinc oxide nanoparticles has a small volume and has the advantage of do not hinder cell activity.
Storage Condition of Zinc Oxide ZnO powder：
Zinc Oxide ZnO powder should be store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. should be kept away from oxidizer, do not store together. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain the leakage.
Packing & Shipping of Zinc Oxide ZnO powder：
It is packed in double plastic bags inside, which can be filled with argon in a vacuum; it can be vacuumed and filled with argon for protection.
Zinc Oxide ZnO powder packing: vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Zinc Oxide ZnO powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea, by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Zinc Oxide ZnO powder Properties
|Other Names||Oxozinc, Zinc White, Zinc monoxide, Zinci Oxydum, Flowers of zinc,
Zincoid, Amalox, Ziradryl, Zincum, Oxydatum, Emanay zinc oxide,
zinc, oxo-, Zinci Oxicum, Ketozinc, Nogenol, Permanent White
|Melting Point||1,975° C (3,587° F)|
|Solubility in water||N/A|
|Boling point||2,360° C (4,280° F)|
|Exact Mass||79.9241 g/mol|
|Monoisotopic Mass||79.924061 Da|
Zinc Oxide ZnO powder Health & Safety Information
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9 / PGIII|