If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is bismuth oxid?
The molecular formula of the inorganic compound is Bi2O3. The pure product comes in three types: a, b, and d. A type of yellow monoclinic crystalline system with relative density 8,9, melting temperature 825, is soluble only in acid and insoluble both in water and in alkali. B type is bright yellow-orange tetragonal crystalline system, with relative density 8,55, melting temperature 860, is soluble only in Acid but insoluble in Water. It can be easily converted to metallic Bismuth using hydrogen, hydrocarbons etc. It is a special material that has a cubic structure. The crystal lattice of d-Bi2O3 is void in 1/4, which gives it a high oxygen conductivity. Bismuth Oxide is mainly used for electronic ceramic powder materials. It can also be used as photoelectric materials. Bismuth is an essential additive for electronic ceramic materials. Its purity must be at least 99.15%. Main application objects include ceramic capacitors, zinc oxide varistors, and ferrite magnet materials.
Bismuth Oxide preparation
1. Dropwise, add to the bismuth-nitrate solution at 80-90degC a sodium hydroxide-free aqueous solution. Mix. The solution stays alkaline and the white volume-swelling Bismuth Oxide Hydrate Bi(OH3) precipitates. The solution is heated, stirred and dehydrated to yellow.
. After filtering and drying the bismuth oxide is obtained.
2. Mix them under a nitrogen-filled atmosphere by adding dropwise a 1,5 mol/L sodium hydroxyl aqueous solution (without carbon dioxide) to a bismuth solution (0.10 mol/L, dissolved in 0.1 mol/L of nitric solution (1 mol/L), at 80-90deg C. The solution is alkaline even after precipitation. The white volume-expanded Bismuth Oxide Hydrate Bi(OH3) does precipitate, but it dehydrates and turns into a light yellow Bismuth Trioxide when stirred for some time in the hot water solution. Decant the solution and wash it 15 times without adding air or carbon dioxide. Then filter and dry.
3. The graphite crucible is filled with metal bismuth and then melted. An arc is created between the graphite electrode surface and the metal surface under oxygen flow. For a continuous supply of oxygen to the crucible, it should be kept in an airtight container. The reaction is carried out at 750-800degC and the b bismuth trioxide is generated quickly. It has a purity level of 99.8%. A high-temperature phase B-type product can then be obtained by quenching the product in water or a metal plate.
4. Stir vigorously as you add the acidic Bi(NO3)3*5H2O (20g dissolved 2mol/L in HNO3) solution to the excess sodium-carbonate solution. Filter, wash, and then dry the Bi2O3CO3 crystalline precipitate. Place it in a aluminum boat, and heat it at 650K in the air for approximately 1.5 hours.
5. Burn the Bismuth Subnitrate between 400500 for 34 hours to remove NO3 ions:
After cooling down, the final product will be a lemon yellow color.
Bismuth Oxide is used in the application of Bismuth oxide
Bismuth oxide is used to prepare bismuth sal; it can also be used in electronic ceramic powder materials, photoelectric materials, superconductors at high temperatures, and as a catalyst. Bismuth Oxide is an essential additive in electronic ceramic materials and must have a purity of at least 99.15%. Main application objects include zinc oxide varistors; ceramic capacitors and ferrite magnet materials. Other applications include glaze rubber compounding, medicine, Red Glass compounding, etc.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd., a global leader in chemical materials and nanomaterials with more than 12 year’s experience as a supplier of high-quality products has been a trusted name for over 12 years. The Bismuth Oxide Powder produced by our company is high in purity, fine particle size and impurity content. Please.